YOU’VE HAD YOUR TEETH WHITENING using the best whitening kit you could find but how do you go about keeping teeth white for the long-term? We’ve got the top 7 tips on how to make your new whiter smile last longer.
The top teeth whitening products like Opalescence and Enlighten Evo 3 are great for getting your teeth white but no whitening product or procedure is going to permanently keep teeth white. You can expect your teeth to maintain their colour for approximately 2-4 years. Your whiter smile will gradually fade back as the teeth return to their original yellow teeth colour. Avoiding certain tooth staining foods and drinks will help maintain your pearly whites color for longer.
Tips For Keeping Teeth White
- Avoid food and drinks that stain your teeth. Coffee, tea, and red wine are the biggest culprits as far as drinks go, but certain food will also stain your teeth. If you want to carry on drinking them consider using a straw so that the drink bypasses your front teeth.
- Rinse out or brush your teeth straight after consuming stain causing drinks or foods.
- Follow a good oral hygiene regime. Brush your teeth at least twice daily and floss at least once daily to remove plaque and slow stain build up.
- Use a whitening toothpaste (see below) once a day only to help remove surface stains and prevent your teeth yellowing. Use your regular toothpaste the rest of the time.
- Top-up your whitening. Consider a top-up the whitening procedure every 3-5 months for a night or two. Purchase some extra whitening gel syringes and store them in the fridge for top-ups when required.
- Visit your dentist or hygienist every 3 months to get them to remove superficial stains and tartar build up.
- If you smoke, give up! Smoking is obviously going to stain your teeth and is not good for your health.
Teeth Whitening ToothpastesSome whitening toothpastes can help in keeping teeth white by prolonging and maintaining your teeth whitening. We have found Enlighten’s Evo-White toothpaste to be the best whitening toothpaste as it can help remove tooth staining and inhibit stain build up.
What Doesn’t WorkEffective tooth bleaching uses the right amount of active ingredient hydrogen peroxide. There are legal limits on concentrations that are allowed. Products such as teeth whitening strips simply wont work as they don’t have the right amount and what they do have just gets washed away by your saliva. Save your money and don’t bother with them is our advice.
Get Your Teeth White
If you are interested in getting your teeth whitened or keeping teeth white give us a call on 01474 365671 or contact us and we will be happy to help you get the smile you want.