Veneers & Crowns
Veneers make it possible to transform crooked, stained, chipped or badly worn teeth into a brand new, straight, white smile. Veneers can be used to close small gaps, when orthodontics (braces – such as Invisalign and Inman Aligners) are not suitable.
A veneer is a thin layer of porcelain made to fit over the front surface of a tooth, like a false fingernail fits over a nail. Sometimes a natural colour ‘composite’ material is used instead of porcelain.
How it works:
- After a full consultation your dentist would need to remove a small portion off the front of the teeth to be veneered. A mold or copy (impression) is made of the teeth which a technician will use to fabricate your veneers.
- While your veneers are being fabricated, your dentist may fit you with some temporary veneers to protect your prepared teeth. Temporary veneers are not always needed.
- At your second appointment your dentist will test fit your veneers, make any adjustments needed and fit them for you.
- You are then able to go and enjoy your new transformed smile! To make your smile and veneers last a good oral hygiene program is essential. Porcelain veneers will typically last between five and ten years.
- Visit your dentist for check-ups on a regular basis.
Crowns are similar to veneers but are suitable for back teeth or teeth that already have fillings or badly chipped or worn. Crowns can be all porcelain cosmetic crowns, bonded crowns (metal and ceramic) or all metal crowns (such as gold crowns). They are made in much the same way as veneers but require more drilling of the tooth.
Before and After Example
Considering Crowns or Veneers?
Please call the practice on 0844 576 9905 or contact us to make an appointment.