BracesBraces (sometimes called orthodontic braces) can align and straighten teeth and help to position them to improve your dental health and smile.
Crowded or Crooked TeethMany people have crowded or crooked teeth. Orthodontic treatment will straighten the teeth or move them into a better position. This can not only improve their appearance but help to look after the long-term health of the teeth and gums by making them easier to clean. Orthodontic treatment or braces can straighten crowded or crooked teeth.
Why Have Orthodontic Treatment?Crowding, spacing, cross-bites and edge-to-edge bites can lead to a number of long term oral health problems. Getting the right orthodontic treatment will not only improve the appearance of your teeth and give you a confident smile, it’s also helps you keep your teeth and gums healthy.
Braces Can Treat
- The teeth are too close together without enough space
- The teeth have gaps between them
- The teeth are crossed over and bite on the wrong side of each other
- The lower teeth stick out when you bite
- The front teeth are protruded and stick out (buck teeth)
- The teeth over-lap too much hiding them
- The teeth do not meet together when you close them to bite
- Misplaced Mid-line
- The centre line between the upper front teeth and bottom front teeth do not match
Common problems crooked teeth can lead to are:
- Build-up of plaque and tartar
- Harbours harmful periodontal (gum) bacteria
- Periodontal disease
- Tooth and bone loss
- Food lodges between teeth
- Sore and tender gums
- Periodontal disease
- Premature wear of the teeth
- Chipped or fractured front teeth
- Trauma to the front teeth
- Shortened or worn down teeth
Inman AlignerThe Inman Aligner can be used to move your front teeth to an ideal position quickly and effectively in a matter of weeks. These are removable braces.
Invisalign Clear BracesInvisalign clear aligners can be used for more complex cases but are also fast and nearly invisible. These are also removable braces.
Six Month SmilesSix Month Smiles can be an alternative to Invisalign. Specialised clear braces and small tooth coloured wires gently straighten and align teeth.
Traditional Fixed BracesFixed braces use the traditional metal wires and brackets. As not all crooked teeth are suitable to be straightened by Inman or Invisalign aligners these types of braces are still used.
Take the first step towards improving your smile, your confidence and your life by booking a free adult braces consultation with us here at PMA Dental Care, contact us or drop into our practice in Gravesend or call us on 0844 576 9905. You can even book a free consultation now.