Dental ImplantsDental implants are a great option to replace missing teeth.
Dental implants are titanium ‘screws’ placed into the jaw bone allowing replacement of one or more missing teeth.
Implants are a safe, well-established, tried-and-tested treatment. How long an implant will last for will depend on how well you look after it just like natural teeth.
Implants are not available on the NHS, only available privately.
Practical experience in the field of implant dentistry is critical for long term success. Our recommended team of implant dentists each have placed over 1,000 dental implants. Our patient’s have been fully satisfied with the results.
How it works:
- Initially the jaw is X-rayed to check the condition of the bone to assess suitability.
- An impression is made of the jaw and existing teeth. This along with a 3D scan form an important basis for implant treatment planning.
- The dental implant is placed in the jawbone. No healthy teeth are affected or damaged.
- The abutment is attached to the dental implant. A crown is then placed on the abutment, fitting perfectly at the edge of the gum.
- The new tooth is now complete and it is virtually impossible to see the difference between the existing teeth and the new tooth.