Denplan Excel accreditation is supported by the Patients Association.
This is a prestigious award and provides a visible sign of our commitment to quality and proves to our practice members, our patients, fellow dentists and the general public that we have reached the exacting standards set by the Denplan Excel programme. Not only does it demonstrate that the quality of care, treatment and service that we provide is among the best available, but that you will be safe in the knowledge that our practice not only meets, but even exceeds standards of clinical governance, statutory requirements and industry best practice recommendations.
Denplan Excel is a quality assurance scheme whereby the practice opens itself up to independent inspection and commits to the principals set out below.
Statement of Principals
- We commit to the measurement of clinical effectiveness and oral health and ensure this is communicated to patients, both individually and as a group
- We will support patients in knowing what is being done and why to ensure their best opportunity for improving oral health
- We will know and fully record the state of the oral health of all our patients and involve patients fully in decisions regarding their ongoing care and treatment
- We care what our patients feel and think about the practice and will listen and act upon their views and opinions
- We are committed to opening our practice and procedures to regular independent monitoring and to act upon the results
- We undertake to practice using the most appropriate procedures and dental knowledge and to ensure both the dentist and practice team are up-to-date with the latest dental and customer care techniques.
The Denplan website has more information about Denplan Excel.