KEEPING YOUR TEETH HEALTHY AND WHITE encourages you to smile and, as everyone knows, smiles are catching. Smiling is good for you! Smiling reduces stress and lowers your heart rate.
National Smile Month
National Smile Month 2014 aims to promote three key messages, all of which go a long way in helping us develop and maintain a healthy mouth and smile.
- Brush your teeth for two minutes twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste
- Cut down on how often you have sugary foods and drinks
- Visit your dentist regularly, as often as they recommend.
Poor oral health doesn’t just cause problems inside the mouth. A smile is hugely important to our personalities, self-confidence, relationships and success. General health is also at risk too as studies continue to associate poor oral health to serious health problems such as diabetes, heart disease, strokes, pneumonia, premature babies and other major conditions.
Some Fun Facts
Brushing twice a day
- One in four adults don’t brush twice a day, including a third of men
- People who only brush once a day are a third more likely to develop tooth decay
- One in ten admits they regularly forget to brush their teeth
- 42% of adults use just a toothbrush and toothpaste for their oral care
- 31% of adults use mouthwash too One in four have never used mouthwash
- 21% of adults use dental floss regularly
- One in three have never flossed their teeth
For a chance to win a brand new Sonicare for Kids sonic toothbrush or innovative Sonicare AirFloss visit the National Smile Month competition page.
Free Goodie Bags
For all children attending during National Smile Month we have free goodie bags (While stock lasts).
If you have any comments or questions then please enter them in the comments section below and we’ll answer them for you. You can also send a private question or comment to us on our Facebook page.
You can share any PMA Dental Care blog post with the “Like” on Facebook, a “+1″ on Google+ or even “Tweet” it with Twitter buttons below!